What is home automation| home automation ideas?
Home automation is a system that performs many tasks in everyday life on behalf of different home automation ideas. Home automation increases the living standards for any family.
What is Home Automation System?
Many different systems that affect our daily life are operating in our homes. These systems that provide the comfort of our living spaces are systems such as lighting, heating, and security. The simplest answer we can give to the question of what is a home automation system will be to ensure that all these systems are connected to each other and controlled from a single center.
The main purpose of the home automation system is to save energy, to increase the quality and comfort of life, and to provide security. The reason why home automation is perceived as a very important parable all over the world is that it is a system that will contribute to the protection of world resources. Home automation increases the living standards for any family, while at the same time reducing energy consumption costs.
What are the ideas about Home Automation System and How Does It Benefit?
Home automation is a system that performs many tasks and controls you have to do in everyday life on behalf of the fog. For example, if you forget the lights on, the lights turn off automatically as soon as you leave the room. Either the boiler is turned off when you are not at home and the house is heated when you come home. Security is provided in a superior way in the home automation system.
Home automation allows you to manage all systems with central management control. When you are not at home, you can easily control your home systems from your phone. You can ask the coffee machine to make your coffee or to heat the food from the oven. Anyone who thinks about what is a home automation system will see that it is a perfect home automation system not only providing superior comfort but also in terms of safety and making life easier.
How does the Home Automation network work?
In the home automation system, there is a line that communicates all electromechanical devices with each other. Thanks to information exchange and interface programs, users can monitor, manage and report every detail of their home systems. Software programs that allow all systems to be managed from a single-center have superior features.
When using home automation systems, automatic time adjustments can be made or special setups can be created. Different scenarios such as home entry or exit scenarios provide the desired comfort standards in daily life. By exploring Interra smart home systems, you can better understand topics such as what is a home automation system.
What is Smart Home Technology and Smart Home Automation?
Home technologies are the adaptation of control systems used in many areas of the industry to daily life, and smart home systems (home automation) are the application of these technologies to personal needs and requests. The definition of a smart home is used for homes that can meet the needs of the residents, facilitate their lives, and offer a safer, more comfortable, and more economical life thanks to all these technologies.
What is the scope of home technologies?
Home technology is a subject that we are not alien to. Kitchen appliances such as mixers, coffee machines, and food processors; televisions, stereos, DVD players, videos; Many devices such as refrigerators, washing machines and dishwashers, automatic garage doors, light-level adjustable lamps, cordless phones, vacuum cleaners and many more have become an integral part of our lives with the application of the technologies developed for the industry to daily life.
Now, as the next step of this process, home automation technologies that allow the entire house to be controlled from a single point and provide this control automatically with programming facilities are offered to the service of the consumer.
One of the basic elements taken into account while developing these systems is that these systems can work in full compatibility with personal computers. Personal computers are now among the standards of a modern home and have changed the habits of many people in many areas such as communication and entertainment.
In this process, the presence of more than one personal computer in some homes and the establishment of an in-house computer network among them is one of the most effective proofs of this. Considering these changes, it seems that the next step is to change the home life of these computers. This change will take place by controlling the devices and lights in a house by computers. The main control system included in most home automation systems is a computer that is specialized for these tasks and is very simple to use.
How should you make changes to make your home smart?
In order to make your home “smart”, there are ready-made systems containing certain standard parts, and you can add or remove these systems in line with your needs and in accordance with your budget.
Most ready-made systems include the main control box, a control panel, various sensors, device controllers, remote controls, and a telephone module. The control panel, which is the size of an average book, is placed at the entrance of the house. Sensors and device controllers communicating with the control box can be wireless or electrical network communication types that do not cause any modifications or wired models can be selected to avoid needing batteries or being affected by power outages.
What can a smart home do?
Nowadays, home automation systems are also developed with this belief, since systems that can be programmed according to demand and need and that allow adding and removing parts are accepted worldwide, rather than systems that perform certain functions.
For example, a motion sensor to be placed in a corner of the house; While it can be used as an alarm trigger against burglary while you are away or asleep, it can be used to turn on the lights when you enter the room while you are at home, to send you a warning by phone when your sleeping baby gets active in their room or when someone who needs to be kept inactive for a long time.
The same motion detector can be placed outside of the house and can be used to give the impression that the house is full by starting the stereo when someone is approaching the house while you are on vacation, or by turning on the lights.
A programmable home automation system can perform all of the controls mentioned in the examples below, or optionally only some.
- At night, the lights are automatically turned on where you are, and turned off in areas where you are not.
- The temperature of the house and the water is brought to the level you want before you wake up or return home from work, so that your home welcomes you warmly.
- It is ensured that the lawn in the garden is irrigated at regular intervals and if it does not rain.
- It turns off all the lights and appliances in the house while you go to bed, dims the light of your bedroom, switches the heater to economical mode, activates the alarm system in the areas you want to protect in night mode and turns off the radio after an hour.
- It adds to your home theater pleasure by lowering the curtains, dimming the lights, turning on the popper, taking the phone to the silent position and turning on the DVD player and TV with a single command.
- In case of fire, if you are at home or outside with an internal siren, it warns you by phone, calls the fire brigade, turns off the gas valves and ventilation system, turns on the lights in certain areas and helps you exit.
- When leaving the house in the morning, it turns off all devices and lights with a single button, switches the heater to economical mode, informs your secretary about leaving the house, and activates the alarm system within a certain time after you leave the house.
- It also carries out all the controls it allows inside the house with commands given by phone.
- When the children come home from school, they can call you and let you know.
- The appliance and lights in the house can be controlled with the remote control.
- It turns the lights inside and outside the house on and off according to sunset and sunrise times.
- The light level of all lamps in the house can be adjusted.
- Remote control, control panel or telephone control of curtain motors, blinds and blinds.
- It wakes you or your children at a certain time of the day or at any time.
- It can turn off children’s TV at a certain time every day in the evening.
- It can ensure that your coffee is ready when you wake up every morning or at various times of the day.
- When the phone rings, it can mute the TV or stereo.
- It turns your cordless phone into a remote that can control the house completely.
- People with limited mobility can control their environment much more easily thanks to the remote control and can call for help when necessary.
- It can give the impression that the house is full when you are on vacation or when someone is approaching the house.
- In case of doubt, all interior and exterior lights can be turned on with a single button.
- The alarm can be turned on or off in the desired areas.
- It can enable devices that consume more electricity, such as washing machines, to operate at discounted hours in accordance with smart meters.
- By lighting the lamps at 90% brightness instead of their full brightness, it can double the life of the bulbs as well as reduce their energy consumption by 30%.
How does home automation save energy?
The most important reason for home automation in the industry is to increase efficiency and to save energy. The situation is no different in home automation.
The biggest factors that increase the energy costs of a normal family and cause unnecessary energy consumption are lights left on unnecessarily, heating and cooling systems operated at high levels to provide rapid heating and cooling for short periods, heating unused areas of the house, not being able to benefit from daylight as much as necessary. , devices that are left open and similar situations.
Automated control of heating systems can reduce the heat energy consumption of a house by 10%, turning off unnecessary lights, turning on lights at 90% brightness, programming devices according to cheap tariff times, and reducing electrical energy consumption by up to 30%.
How does home automation provide comfort?
This subject can also vary greatly, largely according to your imagination and your needs, which you can identify with home technology experts. The basic logic in providing comfort is that the processes that waste unnecessary time are performed by the automation system and the operations that cannot be performed by the user under normal conditions are fulfilled.
The greatest convenience in these matters is the “scenario” option that home automation systems perform by executing many commands one after another.
Normally time-consuming operations such as closing all curtains, dimming the lights, activating the alarm downstairs, turning off the TV after 1 hour can be performed with a single command.
Starting the coffee machine at a certain time in the morning, adjusting the water and the temperature of the house, turning on the music set or TV, deactivating the alarm system and turning off all devices and calling your workplace to inform you that you are leaving the house can also be achieved by scheduling the scenarios.
How does Home Automation provide security?
Motion detectors, magnetic sensors placed indoors and windows keep the whole house under surveillance. The biggest advantage of the security provided by a smart home compared to conventional alarm systems is that incidents such as theft, fire, or flood can be prevented before they occur.
When someone approaches the house while you are on holiday, with the help of scenarios, devices such as lights, stereos or TVs can be operated to give the impression that the house is full and the thief is removed.
The biggest causes of fires in homes are electrical contacts, forgotten devices in the plug and problems in heating systems. Since automation systems control the entire electrical network and devices, these risks are minimized and when a fire is detected, gas valves and vents are automatically closed and the growth of the fire is prevented.
Another great advantage of smart homes in terms of security is that they give audible warning messages by calling not only alarm stations but also predetermined phone numbers.
The use of these smart systems also brings much greater convenience than other systems. Cleaning etc. Options such as access codes that are valid only at certain times of the week for transactions, providing a family member who will come home late at night, make these systems much more useful.