Enterprise Domain Management System: The Best Domain Guide 
As an Information point, we try to provide you with guidance for the domain management system and hosting management on many different issues, while we focus on advantageous points for both personal and corporate users. In this context, we have prepared a guide for the most suitable corporate domain management system for large or small businesses or organizations with a very wide portfolio.
First of all, you can prevent problems and dangers by following 8 different steps to implement a correct domain management system policy. In addition, with this advantage, you can have a positive effect on brand identity and reputation.
General Framework in Corporate Domain Management system
Considering the digital age we live in today, it is necessary to have a strong online presence. Because while this is considered an important factor of success, everyone will first research on the internet in terms of the products and services you offer. Of course, the most important way to exist in the online space is a web page, and there is a domain tag requirement for this web page.
The domain is the most important key for business entities to create digital assets. Today, global companies prefer to buy hundreds of domains and manage domains using many different extensions. In this management process, which has been an important process throughout the world for a long time, there are important actions to be taken and precautions to be taken today against many problems such as old complex process management, neglect, time constraints, thefts.
When a bad process is encountered in the domain management system, it will be difficult to protect the brand, and problems such as cyber invasion may be encountered. Therefore, by considering the 8 steps, when you use this guide, you can protect your brand’s reputation, take an institutionally consistent approach, and provide an accurate domain management system policy.
1- Determination of Company Policy
In order to perform a strong domain management system, it is necessary to have certain guidelines and principles. In this respect, you will need to consider some points depending on your business goals and business type. In this context;
- The domain management system policy must be linked to the business type and objectives, align with the expansion strategy, and be compatible with brand and marketing plans.
- While determining the policy, the legal department within the institution should give advice by expressing which logos will be registered or registered in the context of logo recording.
- The person who will be responsible for the domain management system should be selected and involved in the internal process, and a process should be prepared on how to make changes in the top-level domain list when to do the management, new product launches, brand launches, and mergers.
- If independent identification will be provided for certain brands within the framework of geographical location, you should include sub-brand registrations in the policy when you are a brand with franchise locations in terms of products and services or when you only address a specific region.
- When you have a different top-level domain list, you can point these domains to each other. At this point, you can create a policy on domain redirection. In other words, it can be determined whether or not to redirect to the main corporate page with the country-coded top-level domain list (ccTLD) you have.
- Clear instructions should be created in terms of Whois information, ie registration and administrative contact information, contact information, name, and surname of the person to be contacted.
- When public relations work will be carried out, media promotions or launches will be carried out, it should be checked beforehand whether the relevant top-level domain has been registered. Because in this way, opportunistic unfair registrations can be prevented.
- Determine the legal and technological processes in advance in case of problems and disputes within the scope of information technologies and legal activities.
2- Consolidation of top-level Domain
Many different newly registered domains may have taken place across a large organization. In this respect, when working with a subsidiary and local units, all newly registered domains can be determined and all newly registered domains can be consolidated.
In this respect, for example, you can get service through Information point to collect all domain information registered in different companies in a single point. Because Information point will always offer you an advantage with as many newly registered domains extensions as possible.
While doing this study,
- You should compare logo listings currently in use and logos found.
- You should examine newly registered domains that do not comply with your company’s policy.
- You should register the missing top-level domain records in the guide.
- You should update who is contact information in all newly registered domains and edit them in order.
- If possible, you should set up auto-renewal for each newly registered domain.
3- Recording Multiple Variations
As suggested, it would be correct to register in most of the brand newly registered domains variations while doing corporate domain management system. For example, if a domain such as “mea.com” is included in the first stage, taking into account common typos, many domains such as “mae.com” and “maa.com” can be registered similarly. Because typos can create a risk of low reputation. Generally, one of the most preferred methods by cyber attackers is to use pages that can be accessed by mistake with typos.
Another alternative is that you can make singular, plural, and hyphenated records as well as the newly registered domains you use for varying variations. You can also use abbreviations to record all variations against the risk of misspellings.
4- Registration of Mandatory newly registered domains
You can register any newly registered domains once you have your business strategy in mind and are in a good position with your brand. In this respect too
- Within the scope of newly registered domains, you can register practically and popularly in all extensions such as “.com”, “.net”, and “.org”. Such classic extensions are managed by ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers – Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, as a generic top-level domain (gTLD).
- In the other alternative, you can register newly registered domains such as “.tr” or “.de”, which are applied independently by national registration authorities within the framework of the top-level domain, that is, the country code top-level domain known as ccTLD.
- Besides, you can register slogan records as a top-level domain.
- You can also register in the main brand and product names.
5- Registering Multiple Extensions
Apart from the generic top-level domain list that you can choose classically, you can also have information about gTLD, the latest top-level domain list offered for your industry. With the pre-order and registration processes you can perform on Information point, you can learn the usage dates of new extensions, and you can choose the extensions that will appeal to you by planning in advance. with examples today
- For business and service industry .business, .company, .ceo, .consulting, .enterprises, .global, .group, .holdings,.icu, .inc, .industries, .limited , .services, .solutions, .support, .ventures
- For media and art fields .actor, .art, .camera, .design, .photography, .ink, .productions, theater, .video
- For e-commerce sectors .blackfriday, .christmas, .click, .deals, .delivery, .link, sale, .store, .shopping
- For religion and education fields, academy, .college, .courses, .degree, .education, .institute, .mba, .school, .university
- In the fields of health and sports care, .center, .clinic, .dental, .fitness, .healthcare, .health, .hospital, .rehab, .surgery, .vision, .yoga
- In accommodation and tourism areas, cafe, .catering, .club, .cruises, .events, .florist, .flowers, .golf, .guide, .restaurant, .travel, .tours, .voyage, .wedding, .wine, .vin
- Personnel recruitment and human resources fields .career, .careers, .expert, jobs, .team, .training, work
- Accountant, .attorney, .bank, .broker, .capital, .cash, .credit, exchange, .finance, .fund, .insurance, .investments, .law, .lawyer, .legal, .loan for law and finance industries , .mortgage, .tax
- In terms of marketing and communication, name, .agency, .blog, .chat, .digital, .email, .marketing, .media, .news, .online, .ppress, .promo, .reviews, .social,. tips
- Aero, .army, .charity, .community, .foundation, .ngo, .vote in non-profit or government entities
- Apartments, .casa, .cleaning, .condos, .construction, .estate, .immo, .lease, .maison, .mobi, .rent, .villas for real estate and construction industries
- For ecology, environment and energy sectors.bio, .earth, .eco, .energy, .green, .organic, .solar
- In technology fields, ai, .app, .cloud, .dev, .download, .host, .io, .network, .site, .software, .storage, .systems, .tech, .technology, .website, .xyz
Extensions can be considered. Such extensions can also be taken into account through the keywords that users type into the browser while searching your web page.
6- Improving Security Practices
Today, top-level domain security should always be prioritized against problems such as domain theft and fraud in businesses. In this respect, some points can be considered to improve the process. In this context;
- By providing who is confidentiality, you can achieve top level domain list confidentiality and make your contact information confidential, which will be publicly available on the database.
- You can use two-step verification to prevent unauthorized access.
- By choosing a Professional DNS network that is much more robust in terms of DNS resolution, you can use a reliable and fast performance system with no redundancy and zero downtime.
- You can improve the overall appearance within the scope of access levels and rights.
- You can definitely protect your web pages with professional SSL certificates.
In addition, some different applications can be suggested within the scope of these studies. In this context, too
- You can perform top-level domains for a much longer period of time.
- You can automate domain renewal processes and choose backup payment details.
- You should always lock your top-level domain against registrar transfers.
- Registry lock service can be used for the top-level domain you care about the most.
7- Understanding the Relationship Between Domain logo clearinghouse and intellectual property
Examining the difference between logo clearinghouse and intellectual property, there are certain common misconceptions. In particular, many people think that a cute business name and top-level domains are the same as a registered logo.
- But these data are not the same. Within this framework, each of the other differences can be examined one by one.
- A top-level domain is an information that represents your business digitally for web pages to be found. The brand name is the mark that distinguishes the goods or services of an enterprise and the detail that protects the intellectual property rights.
- Registration for the top-level domain is made on a “first-come, first-served” basis. In the brand name, registration is made during the “first come, first serve”.
- When a top-level domain is registered, no logo rights are obtained on that top-level domain and generally, no intellectual property rights are obtained. When you become the owner by making a logo application, the top-level domain registration right is not obtained automatically.
- The top-level domain includes everything related to the web page of the owner. A brand created through the internet top-level domains only completes the source of the goods or services, and with this process, it can be registered as a logo or service mark.
Looking at the logo and intellectual property rights issues related to the top-level domains, a working system has been created for various illegal activities and conflicts on logos, intellectual property, and top-level domains with the growing internet and the expansion of the domain sector.
Brand and Copyright Violations
Sometimes the content and use of a top-level domain on third-party web pages can be used to create risks against an existing logo, to consider and damage its reputation. In such cases, logo owners find that their brands are copied on third-party pages, creating confusion for consumers and possibly even using these pages with fake sales.
If the logo or copyright infringement is encountered in the content of a web page or domain area, complaints to be made in this case are outside the scope and authority of the ICANN accreditation body. In this case, to file a complaint
- You can contact the domain registrar and try to resolve this dispute amicably.
- If you can obtain evidence of intellectual property infringement, you can also take administrative action to obtain a resolution policy.
When we look at the cyber invasion problems, the domain management system policy should be regular in order to stay away from these problems. However, when faced with cyber invasion, it will be necessary to first ensure that the defendant’s domain is transferred and sue the invader. In this case, you can also benefit from the international arbitration systems offered by ICANN.
In terms of obtaining a resolution mechanism in top-level domain disputes, the Arbitration and Mediation Center has offered many dispute resolution systems since 1999 within the scope of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). If you want to take advantage of the preventive mechanisms within this scope;
1-Thanks to the logo Clearinghouse (TMCH), logo Clearinghouse, you can benefit from the rights protection mechanism offered by ICANN in 2013 to protect the rights of logo owners. To take advantage of this protection, the center functions as a logo registration repository, verifying the information given by the rights holders and presenting this information to the registrars. When you register your logo in this system, you get priority access for next-generation extensions, you are given the opportunity to register before they are made available to the public, priority access is provided for relevant domain claims, and the right holder is notified after registration for logo requests. For this reason, you can provide the first security step by registering your logo in this system.
2-You can also get logo protection on the top-level domains Protected Marks List (DPML). In this context, by including terms and expressions containing your brands, when you register for this protection, all top-level domains work. The system provides the right for logo owners to prevent the registration of logo names in all extensions supported by the registry.
In addition to preventive mechanisms, there are two different working mechanisms offered to you in terms of performing defense operations.
A protection mechanism and defense mechanism are obtained within the framework of the Uniform top-level domains Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP). Thanks to this system, while logo owners have the opportunity to protect their logo, terms, and expressions containing the names of logos are also included in the system this protection.
Basically in the UDRP system;
- Validity is offered for all gTLD types. This includes generic extensions and even some country-code extensions, including next-generation extensions.
- A policy exists between registration accreditation companies and customers.
- In terms of solution, if a top-level domain is cyber-occupied, work is done to recover or cancel this domain.
- While the works in the system take an average of 2 months, the works are provided subject to the filing fee.
- Decisions are made through the registry office.
- Since its establishment nearly 20 years ago, this system has been used by over 45 thousand brand owners all over the world.
2-Thanks to the Uniform Rapid Suspension (URS), i.e. the Uniform Rapid Suspension System, a low-cost and fast solution has been offered to the beneficiaries against the open violation cases experienced by ICANN since 2013.
also within the URS system
- Limited to all new generation gTLD records, excluding extensions such as “.com” and “.net”,
- Depending on the policy between the registration accreditation companies and the client
- Depending on the allegations, a service is provided in a scope that offers instant solutions in suspension processes in top-level domains that have encountered cyber invasion.
- Applications have an average processing time of 17 days.
- There is a much lower filing fee than the UDRP mechanism.
- There is an objection system in the system.
- It is the best choice when a clear violation is found.
Although there is a similar system in both UDRP and URS processes, the complainant has to prove three elements after the complaint. In this context, too
- The top-level domains must be confusingly similar to the logo owned by the complainant.
- The registered person should not have any rights or legitimate interests in this top-level domain.
- A newly registered domain must be done and this top-level domain must be used in bad faith.
You can follow these procedures after you, as a logo owner, consider how important it is to the domain and decide whether to actually take it back. Because the court decision that will come out after the process will be above even the UDRP and URS decisions. If you do not register your brand as a logo, but still become a victim of cyber invasion, you have a chance to win a lawsuit. In this context, the top-level domain should be used as a sign and proven to distinguish your goods and services from bad activities in good faith.
8- Choosing the Right Domain Source
It is always important to choose the right provider to perform corporate domain management systems and set a good policy. Thanks to the tools and services offered to you by the right provider, you can get a very good process and avoid problems. Domain tag provider selections
- A flexible interface and easy data management should be provided,
- Transfers to outside or inside should be done easily and collectively,
- It should be possible to update, register or renew in bulk,
- Reporting and analysis should be available,
- There should be a wide variety of top-level domains list available,
- Customer support should be strong and strong account management should be provided,
- Be a reliable and secure provider approved by ICANN,
- In terms of the domain management system, TMCH should provide registration services, provide purchasing and brokerage services and facilitate sub-domain creation.
At the Last Point!
In the global world, companies continue to encounter many problems, especially due to the weak structure of the domain management system. Due to the lack of a corporate strategy at the point of the domain management system and the misunderstanding of the domain management system, businesses suffer losses in terms of financial and brand reputation. Thanks to this content offered to you, you can make domain management systems in businesses a regular process, reduce risks, and achieve much stronger results.