What is Success and Failure?|Motivational speech on success and failure.
Success and Failure have always been intertwined, their connotation is superficial in the days we live in, and they are about to lose the layered value and depth in the eyes of society.
A world presentation dominates that everyone who enters our lives with social media lives happy, successful, and rich lives. People are naturally happy, fun, and share stories they enjoy in life. This is the normal concept of taking pictures! We do not have a crying or sad photo, we do not record these moments. As a result of this, while our successful life continues to exist, our human side is beginning to succumb to change with social media.
Could there be a single definition of success for everyone?
What is successful in someone else’s eyes may not mean success for us. So what is the criterion for success and Failure?
Children of the world are reading this series! Written by Brigitte Labbe under the supervision of Michel Puech, a philosophy professor at Paris Sorbonne University, the series is growing with new books. Tens of thousands of children have read the series, which is among the most recommended books by schools.
Children of the world dream peace
Children of the world are reading this series! Written by Brigitte Labbé under the supervision of Michel Puech, a philosophy professor at Paris Sorbonne University, the series is growing with new books.
Top 100 books everyone should read
Tens of thousands of children have read the series, which is among the most recommended books by schools. The books, in which a different basic subject is dealt with in each of them and where the case studies we encounter frequently in daily life are narrated, are read with love by both children, teachers, and parents with Jacques Azam’s colorful illustrations and original page designs.
Anxiety for success and failure
How to get over the fear of failure
At the end of each academic year, many students who are looking forward to the summer vacation, while preparing for the final exams, high school or university entrance exams, have spirits such as “what if I flop,” “or if I cannot engrave what I know,” “either if I am blocked with eagerness and cannot evoke what I learned”, the exams turn into a fearful dream.
If the only praise was course success
which is the most important need of a child
The basic need of every child is to receive love and acceptance from parents. If the child sees acceptance and love only as a result of success or has lived that way, but he is successful, he may think that he will be loved and the probability of failure as well as success causes high anxiety.
“He can confirm it if he desires to”
Words like “He will do it if he wants to” are like showing the exit door on an airplane in case of an alarm. A student who does not have a working order, who overestimates the next step in education, and who cannot behave in failure can deceive himself with the attitude of “I can ensure it if I famine to, but I don’t famine to effort”. The support of the parents and teachers to motivate the child “if he wishes to do it” unfortunately opens the way to escape from taking responsibility rather than giving confidence to the student.
School years protective years
Some students cannot finish school at the end of high school, and some students at the end of university. Being able to open up to the world in a real sense, being able to stand on one’s own feet starts with the transition of the young person to working life. Really confronting life is possible after getting out of the protective embrace of parents and school years.
Don’t be your child’s “alarm clock”. In our culture, it is not uncommon for a mother who commits herself to wake up her 20-year-old university student son in the morning so that he does not miss his classes! Mothers, who are always the saviors of their children, unknowingly feed the feeling of inadequacy of their children. Unless there is a life-threatening risk, give your child the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and hold the ball.
Is the bar of expectation higher than necessary?
Not only failure but also worrying about losing success in the past is the most common cause of performance anxiety. For him, it is natural that the student who has been successful so far has high-performance anxiety.
Don’t be your child’s “alarm clock”
- If the bar for your child’s success is too high, lower it a little.
- When you bring home a good grade, don’t ask who got the higher grade. For example, asking who scored 100 when bringing 98 points. Such an approach instills in the child a sense of inadequacy.
- Realize your child’s diverse abilities and beauties. Knowing that you love him unconditionally is an indispensable reason for his self-confidence.
- Lessons and notes are not the only topics of conversation and interest. Try to follow and support your child’s influence, curiosity, and friendships, especially in family relationships, at desk conversations, by creating an equal opportunity to speak from your experiences, humorous observations, and equal conversation. In your posts, be an example of being a good listener that respects different opinions.
- Do not exaggerate the praise for any subject, whether it is a success in a lesson or how he plays the piano well. – Do not use others, especially their relatives, as an example to motivate your child.
- See the effort. The self-motivation of the child is formed by the recognition of his efforts and the reinforcement of the “I can do” thought by finding the opportunity in line with his abilities. For this, allow him to realize his physical needs and take initiative from a young age, such as realizing that he is hungry or full. The sense of responsibility begins with the realization of one’s own needs.
It is not the only responsibility of studying. Start at a young age by giving your child small responsibilities at home, without distinction between boys and girls.